• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shawni

Indiana

Hi ok heres the whole thing: i use to work for a contracting company which contracted for comcast, i was takeing home anywhere from 800 to 1200 a week
i was doing pretty good, but not saving money, just blowing it
anyway, right before i lost my job i got into drugs, i lost my job do to an accident on 90/94 in michigan, where someone cut me off and i niped them in the back right..
i was suppended for 2 days, then they said i wouldnt be fired, i worked there for a few more weeks, then on sept 19th 2007 they let me go, someone from california who is incharge of accident affairs, who i have never met before, looked up the accident, and also i believe the 2 speeding tickets i have one that i paid off on the truck, and one in my car... maby cause it was a 75 in a 25 ouch... i dont know..
anyway, around this time and after i was writting checks, thinking i would have the money, or at least get another job fast.. well that didnt work out. in fact it was very hard to find another job.

now i have a bunch of bad checks out, that are starting to roll in... some were written out here in indiana, a couple in michigan, and some in will county, illinois...
God, i really messed this one up...

and on top of that, in november i used my grandmas credit card, spending 40 dollars on gas, it was stupid, she didnt give me permission, i was in illinois for a couple weeks, anyway when i came back i had a warrant, cause she called the police, i turned myself in, spend 22 days in jail, she droped the charges, but the state picked it up??
i dont know what to do, i know i deserve the hell ive caused and been through.
i went to a rehab/detox place at the end of november and got out on dec 3rd, i have been clean since, and have papers to show it, if that helps at all???

Please if anyone can give me legal advice it would really help.
i also spent 22 days in jail, because in december, i used my grandmas credit card, spending 40 dollars on gas, it was just dumb, she droped the charges, but the state picked it up. now i have that case pending, they said since its my first time i will prob get probation, im not sure yet... but what really scares me is these checks rolling in.. because i have no clue what the legal possibilities are or what i can do,, there must be some sorta solution or program i can get involved in and make payments???

please if anyone can help or can refer me to someone please..
i know i deserve jail, but isnt there another way??? even if it cost me alot in the long run?
i have looked into the army and military recently, but even they want me to get something setteled on this first... please help. ive learned my lesson really and now im paying for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">