• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bail Bondsman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashley123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia. I signed with a bondsman to get somebody out of jail and now they tell me that they aren't going to court, is there anything I can do before the court date?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia. I signed with a bondsman to get somebody out of jail and now they tell me that they aren't going to court, is there anything I can do before the court date?
Could you clarify the bolded, please? The accused is not going to court...because s/he doesn't want to? Because the case was dropped?

??

adjusterjack

They are not going to court because they don't want to.
But the court date hasn't arrived yet?

Then there is nothing to do until the court date. If the accused fails to appear (jumps bail) then bail will be forfeited and there will be a warrant out for his arrest.

Depending on the terms of your contract with the bondsman you might be responsible for reimbursing the bondsman the entire amount or just lose the amount you paid.

FlyingRon

If it's traditional bailsbondman fee that was paid, he already lost the fee. If he pedged collateral, that is very much at risk.

If you have an inkling that the defendant is going to violate the bail conditions, you should contact the bailbondsman and let him know so as to mitigate your risk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">