• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Banned from the Bus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nickolai22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OREGON

Yesterday, I was riding my bike through the bus station in downtown Eugene, Oregon. A security officer (Wackenhut) yelled something at me that I didn't hear. He then yelled at me again to get my attention. He very rudely said "GET OFF YOUR BIKE!"

I reciprocated his rudeness by replying "All right, relax man" .

He then yelled back explaining that there is no bike riding in the terminal.

I proceeded to walk my bike and check the bus departure times. He was still staring at me and began to say something that was inaudible. I asked if he could repeat what he said but he just walked up to me in a threatening manner and said "Trying to be a tough guy?"
I replied: "No I'm not, I just didn't hear you"
He yelled: "I'm just trying to do my job, I got a family to feed"
I said: "What does that have to do with anything? What does you having a family to feed have to do with you being an ******* to me?"
He then began to lecture me about how I had a problem with authority and and issues with society to face.
I began to walk away at this point and while I was walking away I said "Whatever, rent a cop"
He proceeded to follow me and then asked me if I had I.D. on me. I did have my I.D. but I didn't just want to surrender it to him. I refused to give him I.D. because he didn't offer an explanation to why he was taking it. He then threatened me with a "Indefinite Denial" from the bus. He also tried to take my picture.

I walked home and cooled off and then decided to go back to the transit district to straighten everything out. The security officer then said that I was cussing at him and practicing threatening behavior. I gave him my I.D. with the assumption that he was just going to give me some kind of warning. He then issued me a citation stating that I'm permanently banned from the bus under these grounds:
-Riding bike on station
-Profane threatening language
-Not to be on ant LTD buses, stations, stalls, or property.
"Failure to comply with this notice may result in a criminal trespass charge"

I'm just wondering what kind of grounds they have to ban me forever from the public bus system for something so minor. I am a University student and I cannot afford to not be able to ride the bus. I have made several attempts to contact the LTD administration, but they keep giving me the run around and telling me to deal with Wackenhut, who is not answering their phones.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Q: What kind of grounds they have to ban me forever from the public bus system for something so minor.

A: -Riding bike on station
-Profane threatening language

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">