• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

banned from a store for taking pictures in salem,virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karens344

What is the name of your state? virginia..
a friend of mine was taking pictures at tanglewood mall last week..the security gards stopped him today and told him he has been banned from the mall for the next 10 year..can they do that to him???and what are his rights???thank you so much for your time.

HomeGuru

karens344 said:
What is the name of your state? virginia..
a friend of mine was taking pictures at tanglewood mall last week..the security gards stopped him today and told him he has been banned from the mall for the next 10 year..can they do that to him???and what are his rights???thank you so much for your time.
**A: so what's the complete story?

K

karens344

banned

virginia,he walked into the mall he had his camera he was going to get a filter polarizing
he was told by the guy at the camera shop he was hassled by security
for shooting PICS in the mall
he said why? he said they didn't like it and told him to stop

he got his filter walked to talk to a friend a a kiosk in the center of the mall
he took her pic the film was 2 years old and he didn't even know if it would turn out
but he wanted to see if the filter was OK
she said she didn't take good pics
he said he couldn't have been shooting under a dress this is a 135 mm lens
its for faces
he told her he would do a roll free (getting married soon) if she liked them great

he was in the mall today he was informed they wanted the PICS and negs
and he was banned from the mall (he was given an intend to prosecute if was seen on mall property) he told then he will show them the PICS he took
when he get them developed
he plan to take it to a custom shop so they can say it was the film removed from the camera
And have double negs made.

T

theother

Re: banned

karens344 said:
"...he said he couldn't have been shooting under a dress this is a 135 mm lens
its for faces..."
Huh?

JETX

Okay, lets try this again.

This is really a VERY simple issue and really has absolutely nothing to do with the camera or the 'subject'.

"can they do that to him???"
*** Yes. The mall is private property and the property owner can deny access to anyone as long as it is not done by race, handicap, age, sex, etc. (protected classes).

"and what are his rights???"
*** This is even easier... he has none. Simply, he has no rights to expect or demand admission to private property.

"thank you so much for your time."
*** You're welcome.

B

Boxcarbill

I cannot add anything to JetX's correct response regarding the law but I want to add something regarding his photography.

She does not want this person to do the photography at her wedding. He clearly doesn't have much of an understanding of photography if he took her picture inside of a mall in order to test a polarizing filter! Another thing, the most popular lens for portrait photography is the 50 mm lens because it is closet to what is seen with the human eye. The long lens are used for getting close-ups of subjects which are not approachable-- such as beavers and other truely wildlife images.

H

hexeliebe

Thanks BCB for the belly laugh...:D

Don't know what I'm talking about? Here are the hints.

he couldn't have been shooting under a dress this is a 135 mm lens
The long lens are used for getting close-ups of subjects which are not approachable-- such as beavers
:D:D:D

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

Bill doesn't show us his sense of humor often but when he does, by God he's hilarious. I wasn't prepared for that punchline and now my nose is burning from the Pepsi that spewed out of it.

HomeGuru

Lil Miss Smarty Panties said:
Bill doesn't show us his sense of humor often but when he does, by God he's hilarious. I wasn't prepared for that punchline and now my nose is burning from the Pepsi that spewed out of it.
**A: very good, I'm glad it was Pepsi and not coke.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">