• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

barking dogs(excessive)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AnneCain

I have been charged with three counts of excessive barking dogs. I pled not guilty. Dogs do bark but only when there is something to bark at. I bring them in by 9:30 PM and they do not go outside until 7:00 AM. There are situations that happen to cause the dogs to bark and they include: BB guns, comotions right on property line(neighbors live in a 5th wheeler). etc. I am trying to keep them as quiet as possible. I have to go to court and don't know what I need to do. Do I need a lawyer? and is this worth getting a lawyer?

H

hannah jo

If facing criminal charges, I would always recommend an attorney to represent you - when freedom may be at stake, I would take the extra precaution. Penalties involved are something you can check by looking up in your state laws the offense you have been charged with (there should be a code identified and a corresponding number which will identify what the offense is).
You don't say if you are home all day or not - but the dogs may very well bark all day while you are not home - I know my neighbor's dogs do. It is an owner's responsibility to train the dog - a dog should bark at danger or threat, not at everything that moves in the near vicinity. Excessive barking is akin to disturbing the peace - and not allowed in neighborhood situations!

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

T

Tracey

When I was in law school, the woman in the apt above mine had a dog who would sometimes start barking all day. Her solution was to put a 'no bark' collar on him. It's a collar with a sensor that tells when the dog is barking. After 3 barks or so, it issues a _mild_ shock. The dog soon learns to stop barking. I'd suggest you get 3 collars & start using them when you're at work. In court, explain that the dogs only bark for cause. Get a lawyer, or at least consult with one before court.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">