• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

battery against minor HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gottubeme

What is the name of your state? ca

a couple of months ago my daughter (5), my son (9), and neighbor (6) were playing outside. The neighbor decided choke my daughter and then throw her against the tree. Well, my son became upset and punched the neighbor in the stomach a couple of times. His parents became upset and called the police saying because my son was 9 he was too big. The neighbor was not injured but the police terrified my boy saying that he could be taken to jail for battery. They said nothing to the boy for assaulting my daughter. Well just yesterday their 18 son hit my son on the back. His handprint was visible. My husband went to confront the 18 y/o. Who at this time denied it. Their was a witness who saw him do it. I called the police on the 18 wanting to press charges. The police informed me that if I pressed charges then the 18 would then press charges on my 9 y/o son and they both would be hauled off to jail. He said that my son hit him first and he hit him back. This does not seem right to me I could see if it was adults on both sides. But if a kid hits an adult It does not seem like the adult has the right to slap him back on the back. Especially if it's not the caretaker. I dont even slap my kids. How can he get away with this. My son should not have to go to jail on a lie. The cops did not even check my son for injury nor did they want to make the report. They said the da would not touch it. Please help!!!!! sorry Its so long!!

TYRIS

gottubeme said:
What is the name of your state? ca

a couple of months ago my daughter (5), my son (9), and neighbor (6) were playing outside. The neighbor decided choke my daughter and then throw her against the tree. Well, my son became upset and punched the neighbor in the stomach a couple of times. His parents became upset and called the police saying because my son was 9 he was too big. The neighbor was not injured but the police terrified my boy saying that he could be taken to jail for battery. They said nothing to the boy for assaulting my daughter. Well just yesterday their 18 son hit my son on the back. His handprint was visible. My husband went to confront the 18 y/o. Who at this time denied it. Their was a witness who saw him do it. I called the police on the 18 wanting to press charges. The police informed me that if I pressed charges then the 18 would then press charges on my 9 y/o son and they both would be hauled off to jail. He said that my son hit him first and he hit him back. This does not seem right to me I could see if it was adults on both sides. But if a kid hits an adult It does not seem like the adult has the right to slap him back on the back. Especially if it's not the caretaker. I dont even slap my kids. How can he get away with this. My son should not have to go to jail on a lie. The cops did not even check my son for injury nor did they want to make the report. They said the da would not touch it. Please help!!!!! sorry Its so long!!

-you should have followed through with pressing charges on the eighteen year. your son would not have gone to jail, regardless of what the police told you.

if another incident occurs, contact the police and have a report filed. if the police are unwilling to take the report and a crime has been committed, then contact the on-duty seargent.

Tyris

H

hmmbrdzz

Ditto. That makes me wonder if the police departments are indeed as corrupt in CA as they've been accused of being. The police totally lied to you if indeed this is what happened. Definitely, go to the Sgt. and then all the way to the top dog if you get no satisfaction. I wouldn't wait until the next incident, either.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">