• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Battery Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faziz

California - a friend of mine got a letter from the City Attorney's office in Los Angelels asking him to show up for an arraignment proceeding. Someone who he knew filed a "battery compliant." The incident included some 'shoving' at a bar, but the police report did not list any witnesses that could corroborate the allegations, therefore its a he said/she said deal.

Should my friend take a lawyer to the arraignment or should I not worry, since the police report and owners of the bar support my friends assertion that there was not battery involved. What should my friend do to protect himself here?

CdwJava

"Shoving" is battery. Unless the other person WANTED to be shoved, or the act was incidental and accidental, the crime of battery occurred. He faces the potential of jail time. He should consult an attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">