• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Battery misdemeanor or felony?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debitsj

What is the name of your state?FL
I was shooting pool in a bar and yes I was intoxicated. I went by the dance floor to go to ladies room, a lone woman was on the dance floor. I laughed to myself, remembering when I would do the same thing. When I came out of the ladies room, and the woman got in my face. I walked away from her. She grabbed me from behind, spun me around and hit me in the face with her fist. I went down. I came back up with a bloody nose. I called police and they wouldn't arrest her, said I had to file charges later. I ended up going to ER for severe abdominal pain later the same day. At the hospital I found out that I am pregnant. When I file charges, should it be for a misdemeanor or a felony battery or is it up to the state? The ER visit was $1900, can I expect restitution from the criminal case or do I have to file a civil suit as well?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">