• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Battery Misdemeanor IC 35-42-2-1 (A)(1)(A)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

F1118

What is the name of your state? - INDIANA

Charge - Battery (Misdemeanor)
Indiana Code 35-42-2-1 (A)(1)(A)

I have a bench trial scheduled for October for the above charge. I have chosen to represent myself and I have a few questions. Is Bench Trial Procedure the same as Jury Trial Procedure excluding jury selection, ect.? Are there any Bench Trial Procedure documents that I could take a look at if their is a difference in the procedure? Is the Defense required to submit a Discovery Order to the state as they mailed to me regarding witnesses they plan to call and evidence they plan to use or can the defense use their evidence in open court during trial without ever submitting a discovery order to the state. If a discover order is required to be filed by the defense is their a deadline on when this has to be filed or can it be filed anytime up until the first day of trial?

Thanks

F1118

calatty

Your questions are proof that you should not be representing yourself. It is never a good idea. Either you are arrogant and think you can do better than a trained professional or you are cheap and think this is a good way to save money. No one here is going to be familiar with Indiana procedure. You have to go to the law library and research these questions.

F

F1118

If I could afford a lawyer I would have one ... But what's a Public Defender going to do? Try and get me to plead guilty and when I refuse he's going to screw my case up.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

F1118 said:
If I could afford a lawyer I would have one ... But what's a Public Defender going to do? Try and get me to plead guilty and when I refuse he's going to screw my case up.

My response:

Well, then you should have thought about that, and all of the down sides, before you committed the crime - - RIGHT?

It doesn't matter anyway. You're going to the slammer no matter which choice you make.

Say hello to Bubba for me.

IAAL

F

F1118

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Well, then you should have thought about that, and all of the down sides, before you committed the crime - - RIGHT?

It doesn't matter anyway. You're going to the slammer no matter which choice you make.

Say hello to Bubba for me.

IAAL

Oh so your one of those "guilty until proven innocent guys" right?
I highly doubt I'll be visiting the slammer anytime soon ... and especially not for this. I thought this was a "LEGAL ADVICE" forum.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Oh please. Cry me a river, will you?

You came here asking questions that would require us to put you through law school. You're not going to get those answers because we're not putting you through law school.

Either pay for an attorney, or take your chances.

You should have thought about the "down side" before you became a criminal.

IAAL

F

F1118

Like I said before ... Your always going to be a "GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT" Guys, I didn't ask for anyone to put me through law school, I asked a few simple questions that should be able to be easily answered by anyone with a legal education.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">