• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

beaten up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Billcorliss

ca
I was beaten up real bad by 3 men over a year ago! they had been arrested for a temp to murder and plead to a slat with a deadly weapon! 1 year in jail. what can i do now?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is it you're looking to accomplish?

And I think what you're trying to say is... attempt to murder and assault. NOT a temp and a slat. I doubt they hired someone to temporarily kill you, not did that person use a slat to attempt it.

CdwJava

ca
I was beaten up real bad by 3 men over a year ago! they had been arrested for a temp to murder and plead to a slat with a deadly weapon! 1 year in jail. what can i do now?
If I have this straight, three men were arrested for attempted murder and they ended up pleading guilty to assault with a deadly weapon.

What do you want to do? If you have injuries and damages associated with the attack, I suppose the suspects will be required to compensate you (it is called "restitution"). You can also sue them for pain and suffering and any damages not compensated by restitution. But, if they have nothing, then you have nothing to collect.

If you are asking if you have a right to oppose the plea bargain, the answer is, "No." You can express your objection to the DA and should even be allowed to speak at sentencing, but you cannot force the DA or the court to reject the deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">