• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Been Scammed Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matt478

What is the name of your state? Florida

I recently purchased a World of Warcraft game account for my little cousins birthday and stupidly payed through paypal. Well the seller gave me fake information and paypal refused to refund my money even though I opened up a dispute because of their new virtual item rules, even though I have evidence that the seller is a known scammer.

Is there any kind of legal action that I can take? I mean could I press charges against the guy? I have all of his information: name, address, house phone number, everything.

Anyone have any experience or ever heard anything about this kind of thing? Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? Florida

I recently purchased a World of Warcraft game account for my little cousins birthday and stupidly payed through paypal. Well the seller gave me fake information and paypal refused to refund my money even though I opened up a dispute because of their new virtual item rules, even though I have evidence that the seller is a known scammer.

Is there any kind of legal action that I can take? I mean could I press charges against the guy? I have all of his information: name, address, house phone number, everything.

Anyone have any experience or ever heard anything about this kind of thing? Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated.
**A: yes**************....

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A: Yes..

Can you please elaborate on that and tell me what I can do?

Thanks.
Sue the guy personally in small claims court.

But I have to wonder, why didn't you just buy the game in a box and give THAT as a gift, instead of breaking the terms of services for WoW?

CavemanLawyer

You can file a complaint with your local police agency and hope that they actually refer it to the DA's office for prosecution, but even though this literally amounts to theft I would expect that the Police will tell you that it is just a civil matter. Civil court would probably be the best way to handle this.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh brother. Sue the bad guy in small claims. What is so hard to understand?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">