• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Blackmailed by a man

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnewyork

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am from NY, this happened in Indiana. I went there to meet someone from the internet that I had spoken to for several years. We were going to have sex, however also in the deal was he would pay me for help with his business which is what I do as part of my business. I went there and didnt like the rough sex he liked and he never allowed me to work on his business. I wasnt planning on ever going back, just to recoup the money I put out. He wont pay me and I paid for airfare and hotel etc which he said he would reimburse, and he left me a threatening letter stating that he took pics of me tied up unbeknownst to me and says has emails etc...told me if I dont keep coming back once a month to Indiana he will send pics and let my husband know. What do I do? I thought about contacting the Indiana police?? Please help me....

Some Random Guy

First, get the courage to tell your husband about this. He will find out about this soon enough. He will either find out once the police get involved or he will find out after you have been blackmailed for a year and used and abused by this man until he tires of you and tells your husband anyway.

So tell your husband now and get it over with. Then call the police and get them to get this creep out of your life. Do you have any proof of his blackmail attempts or threats?

As far as I can tell (http://www.rcfp.org/taping/) Indiana and NY are one-party states, so you should be able to tape his threat if they are by phone.

P.S. your money is gone. Don't expect to see it again.

Lnewyork

want to avoid telling husband

I have a lined piece of paper in his handwriting stating the threat. I realize that my money is gone. And there is no way I would ever go back there, so I would never comply with him, ever. If I call the Indiana police I was hoping to not have to involve my husband or family. I dont think I have to. I have his name, cell phone # and he is well known around I believe that if the police go and have a chat with him there will be no need to involve my husband. Additionally he told me that he has done this before, so I am wondering if the police are looking at other victims.

BelizeBreeze

Although contacting the police is an option, this is much more serious a matter and demands a more serious approach.

I would strongly suggest contacting:

New York Field Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
26 Federal Plaza
New York, New York 10278
(212) 384-1000

The matter, as you have described it, falls within the scope of
UNITED STATES v. NARDELLO, 393 U.S. 286 (1969), which is a federal crime.

I would also suggest you wait until you speak with the resident field office before speaking with your husband. But it will have to come out before trial.

PLEASE save everything, even online transcripts and usernames so that the FBI, if they decide to pursue the case, can lure this creep into their web.

Lnewyork

thank you, I had thought it might be a federal issue and I had thought about contacting them initially, I was not sure I wanted to pursue this in a criminal court although this guy is a major dirtbag, I was hoping they would let him know that he cant blackmail me and to stay away from me. I also realize that any pics etc no one could get back for me. I guess the FBI could also investigate this guy and not the indiana police. I just have a feeling he may have committed rapes or some other crimes against women.

I appreciate that you said for now I shouldnt have to tell my husband. I may have to down the road, I just need this guy stopped. thanks

outonbail

We were going to have sex, however also in the deal was he would pay me for help with his business which is what I do as part of my business.
Am I reading this correctly? You work in a field that has you travel around the country having pre-arranged sex with men you don't know, in order to get paid for some sort of service you then do for their business.

This service, whatever it may be, is aside from the service your providing them and which in at least one case, has you tied up naked in front of a camera.

I've heard of innovative marketing techniques, but none that required prior experience in the field of prostitution.

You are only informed of these potentially damaging Kodak moments, after refusing to return to the potential client's dungeon, because he was a little bit on the rough side for your liking.

However, your real concern seems to be, how to cover your rope burned and keep your husband from discovering that out of state dirt bags are using his wife in ways he probably never dreamed of.

It really is touching how your sincere love and devotion towards him has you so concerned with protecting his feelings. He just doesn't know how lucky he is to have someone so special. I'll bet you even go so far as to visit the county clinic every month or so and have your business equipment checked for STD's, just so you don't place your man at risk of catching some disease you may have picked up at your last customer orientation,,,,,, too bad there's no way of letting him know just how much you really care.

Some men are so fortunate to have found such a special partner to share their life with,,,,,,,,

and others get stuck with something like you!

Oh yeah, one last thing, If your last trick actually did shoot some film, you can almost bet it's already pulling in a few bucks through his hidden camera web site. So you probably got to help him with his business after all! Plus, your husband may still get to know what the real woman he married is all about yet!

Maybe you should contact Jerry Springer and break the news to your husband on national TV? I'll bet it'll put a few more bucks in your pocket and bottom line, that is what your really after isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

outonbail

Oh yeah, this is just another case of the poor little innocent housewife who jumps on a jet to get a little on the side. I feel so bad for her misadventure.

give me a break

Just what is it that makes it alright for a married woman to sell herself to other men in the name of building a business? Maybe someone can explain that to me.

The way I see it, if she was starting a business that allowed her to keep her panties on and maybe not have to stray so far from her home and family, she wouldn't be in this mess.

She may be a victim, but she shares in some of the responsibility of becoming one. I would think that a grown woman would have known better.

I just can't feel too sorry for her, especially when her complaining began with "I didn't like the rough sex he liked"

I guess if it wasn't for that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lnewyork

you need to get a clue

you know nothing about me or the situation as I can see in your idiotic responses...go share your venom with someone else...

BelizeBreeze

outonbail said:
Oh yeah, this is just another case of the poor little innocent housewife who jumps on a jet to get a little on the side. I feel so bad for her misadventure.

give me a break

Just what is it that makes it alright for a married woman to sell herself to other men in the name of building a business? Maybe someone can explain that to me.

The way I see it, if she was starting a business that allowed her to keep her panties on and maybe not have to stray so far from her home and family, she wouldn't be in this mess.

She may be a victim, but she shares in some of the responsibility of becoming one. I would think that a grown woman would have known better.

I just can't feel too sorry for her, especially when her complaining began with "I didn't like the rough sex he liked"

I guess if it wasn't for that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
THAT IS ENOUGHT.

You either get the hint or you won't be here any longer. PERIOD!

outonbail

you know nothing about me or the situation as I can see in your idiotic responses...go share your venom with someone else...
Your right, I don't know you and sadly enough, neither does your spouse.

I'll stop replying to this thread now, you can get in the last word if you'd like. You have to live with yourself and that's got to be punishment enough.

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers, I just have a hard time seeing someone who willingly commits adultry as the real victim of this mess.

That's it, no more....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">