• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Charged w/Unemployment Ins. Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cm

I received a letter from the Office of Special Investigations which is a part of the Arizona Department Of Economic Security this week. The letter states that I am being charged with Unemployment Insurance Fraud. This letter also states that there is a loss of $1,845.00 and I'm in violation of felony statues: ARS-23-785, ARS 13-1802, ARS 13-2311& ARS 13-2316. I was given 10 days to report into the said office to see the Investigator. I did this today, at which time I was read my rights, allowed to review my case and the had a choice to either sign line 1 or line 2. Line 2 being the I would not waive my rights to an attorney. My case is being forwarded and I should be in court in June perhaps July. What I'm wondering at this time because of the seriousness of this matter what I should do next? I cannot afford an attorney and understand that I can, when in court ask for a public defender. I was given many different scenarios of what could happen, ranging from jail time, probation, fines, etc. I asked to if I could make payment, but this was not an option. When all is said and done the investigator said that I could request a petition to suppress. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">