• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being stalked, resorted to physical defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devonkali

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

Two years ago...I ended a relationship. He refused to leave my life...claiming that he would be nothing more than a friend to my. This so-called friend has been following me relentlessly. He calls me night and day. And if I don't answer or return his phone calls, He loses his temper and begins to terrorize me with an endless supply of hateful voicemails and text messages. He has forced himself upon me sexually groping me...and holding me down on the floor to kiss me...even though I won't kiss back and fight to be freed...he wil not stop. He is causing problems in my currnet relationship and I just got married.

He is 50...and I am 22. I have tried every way I know how to try to get him to leave me alone. Last Saturday, he showed up at my place of employment and provoked me enough that I responded with physical action. I was the only person there that day. And I felt backed into a corner by his actions and words. Now, he is threatening to file assault and battery charges against me, unless I agree to be "intimate" with him from time to time.

I would like for all of this to stop. My friend at the Sheriff's office believes I should get a restraining order. But I am afraid that will only make the situation worse.

My question is, if I file a complaint against him, and he lodges one against me, how likely are his charges to stick? Would this not be considered as a defense against him?

Some Random Guy

Talk to the police. They may be interested in hearing how a person is trying to extort sexual favors out of you in exchange for not pressing charges.

BadJudgement

You need to get a restraining order against him ASAP. Get your paper work in before he has a chance to do anything...it's all about paper trails.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">