• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

State of Texas

I'm using my roommate's account for this but anyways I'm getting some threats from an FBI agent for a roommates case. He says if I don't meet up with him to talk to him he'll have me subpoenaed by a grand jury. If I am subpoenaed do I give a testimony at a trial or what does it mean exaclty and how hard is it for an FBI agent to obtain one?

Last edited:

racer72

I means you give testimony or go to jail. Are you aware of the Barry Bonds steroid case? Bond's agent refused to testify in front of a grand jury and is now cooling his heels in a federal gray bar hotel. I would suggest talking to a local attorney and soon, like yesterday.

You Are Guilty

One important piece of advice: be totally open and honest with your attorney as to what your involvement is.
A better piece of advice: be totally open and honest with your attorney when you answer the questions he/she asks you. Do NOT volunteer information without telling them a hypothetical situation first. e.g. "How would the strategy change if I did point the gun at his head and threaten to kill him?"

Telling your attorney you are guilty of something without them asking is a big no-no :)

This is a federal case, I did some reading and there are some things I'm still confused about.
Do I go into a grand-jury room? If so who is allowed in there just the grand jury and myself or is the prosecutor allowed too?
Will the grand jury be asking me questions or the prosecutor?

So all of this is going down later today and I just thought of a question that might be a good piece of information to know. I'd rather not have my parents find out about this so I didn't speak with an attorney but if I request a public attorney at the courthouse tomorrow am I appointed one?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">