• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being videotaped in secret?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Monticello

What is the name of your state? Why, it's Washington! And it ain't not no DC no neither

So I'm wondering if there's any illegality about this situation here. My roommate secretly made an embarassing video tape of me playing a game in our living room (no nudity/sexuality involved on either his or my end) and refuses to take it off his website.

I'm wondering if there are any legal grounds against this, that I might intimidate him into a settlement that involves removing the video and apologizing for being such a jerk about it, since when I asked him to take it down he got all uppity and said that I'm just being whiney and stupid, that I should laugh at myself because the video is soo funny, apparently, that I don't deserve any respect, etc.

I'm not emotionally damaged by this, so I can't claim that he's caused any actual damage to me, other than embarassing me and really ticking me off

Thanks for any advice you guys can offer,
- Monty

M

Monticello

I think the whole reason I'm unhappy is that the video is on the internet, and spreading it around would defeat the underlying purpose of trying to get him to take it down

Can anyone offer any real advice on this? Washington's voyeurism laws seem to say that someone has to be getting off on it for it to be voyeurism, but there's gotta be something against recording me in secret and then publishing it

HomeGuru

Monticello said:
I think the whole reason I'm unhappy is that the video is on the internet, and spreading it around would defeat the underlying purpose of trying to get him to take it down

Can anyone offer any real advice on this? Washington's voyeurism laws seem to say that someone has to be getting off on it for it to be voyeurism, but there's gotta be something against recording me in secret and then publishing it

**A: how the heck do you think we can give you real advice without first taking a look at the evidence?

M

Monticello

ha ha ha

Comeon now

I fail to see how you have to actually see the video, except to determine:
- Where it is
- Whether it's sexual or not

Answers:
- My/his apartment's living room
- No, not sexual in any way

AmosMoses

Monty,

Don't make us search the entire Internet, now. We need the link! Come on off of it, now! We are trying to help you here!! Don't ask for help with that which you will not divulge!

Some of these guys and girls here are SMART, PROFESSIONAL lawyers, and you are getting this advice FREE!

The URL, Monty, the URL, come on!!

M

Monticello

Now now, I'm not nearly as gullible as I must seem to be

And there's no way you guys could find the video via an internet search, so there's no point in trying

It's a lot like that video of the guys with the foam swords they hit each other with and the rubber balls they throw and call "Lightning Bolts," in that it's so lame and pathetic as to be funny

Now, are you guys going to offer any advice, or should I just take forget it and resort to taking his hard drive and smashing it up with a hammer?

Last edited:

AmosMoses

Monty

The only way to make us feel any better is for you to quench the thirst that you have visited upon us! We hunger for video of you playing Dance Dance Dance Prostitution! We all promise to gaze upon it with objective, discerning eye, only for the purposes of assisting you in this very important matter, a matter which may be paramount to your future!

Do not let this chance pass you by! Cough up that URL, Monty!! We all promise to shower you with comment, but ONLY after viewing. This thread could be the longest in FreeAdvice.com history, my good man!! Can you imagine the sheer knowledge that will be unleashed upon you!?!?!? And, I know the professionalism of the members of this forum. Not one, not ONE SINGLE disparaging remark will be sent your way, you have my word as an orificer and a genitalman!

M

Monticello

ha ha ha

Comeon, though

It's so embarassing

Why, I'll have no dignity left if that video gets put up on some website that specializes in publicising videos of people making jackasses of themselves

AmosMoses

Help is only a few keystrokes away, Mont!! It is your choice! You notice that no one else is interrupting us, don't you? You see the conspicuous lack of posts in answer to your query, don't you? The ball's in your court!

M

Monticello

h0 h0 h0

Fine, screw you guys

I just haxx0red his computer and replaced the video with a similarly-sized video of someone kicking ass at the game

And if he picks up on it, I'll haxx0r it again and then change all his scripts so that from the apartment it still looks like it's the video of me, but anywhere else it's the video of some badass guy

Cheers, buddy

Cheers, buddy

Cheers, buddy

Cheers, buddy

Cheers, buddy

Cheers, buddy

Cheers, buddy

Cheers, buddy

M

Monticello

Ah, **** it, I don't really care that much if it gets out any more

Especially since you guys can't identify me if I put it up on my friend's webspace

So tell you what, if you can solve a simple physics problem, I'll let you see it

Here's the problem:

https://tychosrv-s.phys.washington.edu/cgi/courses/shell/common/showme.pl?courses/phys122/winter03/homework/Honors10/LC1/1003.gif

An LC circuit has a capacitance C = 0.045 µF and inductance L = 420 mH. Suppose that at t = 0 the stored electric and magnetic energies are equal to one another and the instantaneous current is 75 mA.

Find the peak current in the circuit.

M

Monticello

Sorry d00d

That's not what I/the official answer came to

I'll give you guys two hints:

The energy stored in an inductor's magnetic field is U=1/2*inductance*current^2, and in a capacitor's electric field it's 1/2*charge^2/capcacitance

You still need to figure out the peak current, though, and put it all together

Edit: h0 h0, good thing there weren't any engineers around to take your advice on building a circuit, SoS. h0 h0 h0.. I'll hint that the peak current is less than one fifth of an ampere, so that if you expected 72 amps and got what that circuit has, you'd be severely disappointed. And if you expected what that circuit gives off and got 72 amps, you'd be in some really hot water

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">