• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant, Statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tracy1878

I live in Ohio, and in 5/97, i failed to appear in court for a traffic violation for driving w/o a valid liscence. My concern is now that I need a state id, will the BMV see that I have a warrant and contact the police? Or after these years is the warrant gone due to statute of limitations? I intend to eventually get a drivers liscence, but haven't been able to yet. Please help, I don't want to go to the BMV and get arrested!!

F

FKNA

The norm is for the bench warrant to be issued for two years. After two years is up they sometimes reissue it for another two years. Best thing to do is contact your county and city jails to see if there are any warrants out for your arrest. If they can't tell you, at the very least they will be able to provide you with a number that can give you that info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">