• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bipolar girfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bearkid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

so my girlfriend is bipolar, and has been off her meds due to a lack of health insurance. shes been trying to get insurance for the past 6th months, during which i have seen her deteriorate from her illness. in one of her fits she cut me with a knife and was charged with 2nd degree assault and possession and intent to use a deadly weapon. i did not call the cops, the neighbors did. i do not want to press charges at all and ive made that known to the DA and my girlfriends lawyer. shes had 2 court dates so far and they havent been much, just adjournments because they do not have enough information. this is the first time anything lke this has occurred. since the fight, there has been a restraining order in effect that they said would be reduced to a no illegal contact order if she brought proof that she has sought help and therapy since the incident. both the DA and her public defender told me that there would be no jail time and that the order would be reduced, but i dont trust the legal system because they try to make everything objective. what do you think will happen to her? (considering of course that she has gotten back on her medications and is seeing a therapist)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">