• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blackmail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brucew_22

hi, I live in California, and I have a question about a woman I was involved with. She is VERY wealthy, and had promised to buy me a house, start a business together etc. She is divorced, and is very famous in Taiwan. She doesn't want anyone to know about us, and I am thinking of contacting a scandal sheet in Taiwan and see if they are interested in my story (it would be very scandalous in Taiwan where she is very famous, plus she is trying to reconcile with her ex )if she offers me money to not do the story, could I be setting myself up for a blackmail charge? [/SIZE]

stephenk

heck no. take the money and even mention it in the story you plan to sell to the tabloid. with the money she gives you and the money from the tabloid, you should go and buy a soul since you are obviously not human.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

brucew_22 said:
hi, I live in California, and I have a question about a woman I was involved with. She is VERY wealthy, and had promised to buy me a house, start a business together etc. She is divorced, and is very famous in Taiwan. She doesn't want anyone to know about us, and I am thinking of contacting a scandal sheet in Taiwan and see if they are interested in my story (it would be very scandalous in Taiwan where she is very famous, plus she is trying to reconcile with her ex )if she offers me money to not do the story, could I be setting myself up for a blackmail charge? [/SIZE]

My response:

I guess you failed American history in school, because you obviously didn't learn anything when it comes to Blackmail.

IAAL

D

dyinginside

this guy sounds like somethin out of a movie. is he serious?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">