• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blackmail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CKADEC

What is the name of your state? Alabama

My Story:
I Dated a guy who was 26 and I was 18. Well one night he came to visit me (he lived in SC and I live in AL). He was staying in a hotel so we just hung out there all night. Well the guy decided to take some pictures of me... pictures that I did not approve of. I told him to throw the pictures away. Well to my surprise he did not throw them away. Now that I have broken up with him, he has all of sudden brought the pictures back up and has posted them on the internet with the directions to my work, saying that he will not take them off until I meet up with him one more time. He said in order for them to be removed I have to have sex with him and do whatever he says. He has even threatened to send the pictures to my place of employment. I am extremely scared about this and I dont know what to do. This guy is overpowering me and ruining my new relationship and my life. Please help.

bb_wolfe

What did the police say.
Taking pics is not illegal.
Posting nudies in your place of employment and online for profit is.

C

CKADEC

I haven't contacted the police. I didn't know if I should or not. I know the pictures themselves are not illegal. I just nee some advice as to how to get rid of this psycho. I'm tired of feeling like I'm being watched over and I'm tired of worrying about what hes going to do next.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

"Well the guy decided to take some pictures of me... pictures that I did not approve of."

=======================================

My response:

How many pictures were taken? At what point did you decide that you "didn't approve" of the pictures - - the third, the tenth, the twentieth picture?

IAAL

C

CKADEC

at the point when he took the first one and I told him not to do it again. I didn't realize what he was doing until after he had done it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CKADEC said:
at the point when he took the first one and I told him not to do it again. I didn't realize what he was doing until after he had done it.

My response:

Please re-read my questions, and answer THOSE questions.

IAAL

C

CKADEC

3 total pictures were taken. They were pictures of me coming out of the shower and of me getting dressed. I was completely naked in the first picture... that's when I told him not to take any more. He continued to take more without my realizing it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CKADEC said:
3 total pictures were taken. They were pictures of me coming out of the shower and of me getting dressed. I was completely naked in the first picture... that's when I told him not to take any more. He continued to take more without my realizing it.

My response:

Okay. Now we're communicating. The reason why I asked those questions was to determine whether or not you "impliedly" agreed to his taking your pictures.

Now, the next question would be, can you can afford attorney's fees to go after him for the invasion of your privacy?

IAAL

C

CKADEC

See I have been thinking about going to an attorney for a while. But my dad is very known around here and bringing something up like this would only hurt my family. The guy I dated also has way too many connections. His dad is the Vice President of an extremely large and well-known record company. I would have no chance whatsoever.

P

Pfaffing85690

Then forget it.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CKADEC

no bc i dont want my naked body displayed over the internet. it's not something I can just "forget".

P

Pfaffing85690

sounds like you have.

my dad is very known around here and bringing something up like this would only hurt my family. The guy I dated also has way too many connections. His dad is the Vice President of an extremely large and well-known record company. I would have no chance whatsoever.
Remember this?

C

CKADEC

No I haven't. I have to deal with it every single day. I just can't take it to court. Thats why I posted my problem on here, to get some kind of advice as to what I can do.

C

CKADEC

Thank you so very much for the response!... If the situation I'm in is bothering you so much then why the hell are you waisting your time by responding to me. I came on this site to get some intelligent advice without having to get an actual attorney. All you could have done was simply state that is what I should do. There was absolutely no need for you to be so rude, Young Man.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">