• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blackmail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neorev

What is the name of your state? kentucky

i was currently working for someone and he knew about my past arrest record. since i have left his company he has told many people about my record, and i got a new job with a sub contractor that used to work for this man. my old boss stated that if i did not quit that he would tell my fiances family, and my probation officer everything. i feel as if i am being blackmailed. what are my options? :confused:

CdwJava

Well, you can contact the local police and see if this is a crime in KY, but, I don't think it will. Your conviction is a matter of public record so it won't be like he's revealing a secret.

What confuses me, is what would he tell your probation officer? That you have a job? Or does this guy know about something you have done in violation of your probation?

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">