• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blackmail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyndismith7

Ohio
My ex-fiancee is blackmailing me into giving the ring back. I received the ring during christmas and he broke up with me so Im assuming, in court, I would win the battle that the ring was mine. He then threatned to make copies of pictures that he had of me and send them to people I knew if I didnt return the ring. Is there anything I can do with this? I dont necessarily want to take it to court and was wondering if even a lawyer could produce some kind of document as the start of a case because I believe that would scare him enough. I just wondered if I had rights to do anything about this? I do have proof through instant messaging records that he has said hes going to do this.

BelizeBreeze

cyndismith7 said:
Ohio
My ex-fiancee is blackmailing me into giving the ring back. I received the ring during christmas and he broke up with me so Im assuming, in court, I would win the battle that the ring was mine.
You assume wrong.
He then threatned to make copies of pictures that he had of me and send them to people I knew if I didnt return the ring.
Is there anything I can do with this?
yes, you can order a set.
I dont necessarily want to take it to court and was wondering if even a lawyer could produce some kind of document as the start of a case because I believe that would scare him enough. I just wondered if I had rights to do anything about this?
Sure you do, give the ring back.
I do have proof through instant messaging records that he has said hes going to do this.
Then since you know how to use a computer go on the net and look up 'conditional gift'. The ring was given in anticipation of marriage. That marriage did not occur. If you want to have a legal fight that will cost more than the ring is worth, go right ahead. But you will most likely lose based on the facts you presented here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">