• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blackmail, Distribution of explicit materials

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chilipepper245

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have recently made a verbal empty threat to display and distribute a nude video of someone (which I am in) if I did not revieve money owed to me. We are both of legal age. The empty threat was the video would be displayed on a jumbo screen at a local club, I would make her famous and copies would be handed out as well. This was left as a voice mail to the accuser. The threat was not even possible to begin with. Unfortunately due to neglegence, the video was duplicated and someone infact did copy and pass them out at night at two clubs. The original video was kept on three portable devices (camera, PDA, laptop) which were not always in my control. It was never on any jumbo screen though. A detective has recently called me saying I need to come in for questioning. If I am to be charged (which I have not been yet nor have I gone in for questioning yet) there would be felonies, so I have been told. Although I don't know. There is 100% no proof of who duplicated those videos. This individual is also going around bragging that she is taking me down and about what she is doing. I really am nervous considering I have done nothing but made an empty threat which could not have come at a worse time. Please inform me on what charges I may face and what I should do before my interview with the detective. Also on any fees etc I may face. Also what kind of legal punishments may possibly await? I have looked at findlaw.com and other places and have not been able to find anything. I really need some help. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

stephenk

"Unfortunately due to neglegence, the video was duplicated and someone infact did copy and pass them out at night at two clubs"

Now how did that happen, hmm?

chilipepper245

By neglegence I mean the material was on three portable devices. Some mutual friends (of her and I) and other people knew the video existed. The material was easily accesible for other people to get their hands on it. Total video is less then one minute.

stephenk

Buddy, you are burned. your so-called "empty threat" turned into reality and guess who is going to be the fall guy? look up blackmail and extortion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">