• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blackmailed on because of nude video.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chariyapk

Hey all,
last week, I got a E-mail and asked am I ready for an HookUp. I replied Yes and asked for her contact.
we were texting and I gave her my Skype ID. then we were chatting and I asked for a visual conversation as proving Im real person and to be sure on her too. then she called me and she asked me to be naked. video conversation went for about 5 mins and she asked me to register few websites with my credit card. I checked those and I told NO, because those sites aren't secure. I have being asked to do so many girls earlier too.

Then she showed me that she has Recorded my video,then She asked to pay unless she sent it to my Facebook friends and family members.

now I know I got phished and, my questions are

1. Have I done a crime or can I go to the police or anywhere else for complaint this matter? if so where should I email or Go? :confused:
2. I have her US phone Number and her westernunion Philippine details, Two Gmail addresses. would police be able to track and get legal action from those?
3. If police could find her and proceed this further on court, do I have to pay for lawyers?

Basically would US law track a person on Telephone number and proceed a action upon SMS, Gmail, Western Union and Skype contain? :confused:

I could be tolerate this problem and face it Cz Im a man.Im ready to get a risk on publishing the video on law process. but I know she has done phishing many guys like me will continue too. And Im pretty sure she doesn't do this alone, she might have partners so they might phish many girls too. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

don't ask me to publish her number here because If she check this and she will definitely send that video for sure.

justalayman

You have her Western Union Philippine details?

Dude, you are screwed. You need to buy some base makeup to use to cover your red embarrassed cheeks. Then tell her to get lost. If she follows through with her threats, use makeup liberally to hide your embarrassment.

Nobody is going to do anthing about this. While it is unlawful, its of your own making and trying to deal with her in the Philippines will cause the authorities to not bother with.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't think anyone here had any intention of asking you to publish the number here.

I'm trying to think of a nice way to say this, or at least way to say this that isn't offensive. But I can't. This is the best I can do.

See, most of us here don't think with our genitals, and therefore would know better than to respond to an obvious scam like this. We would also know that the number was probably fake anyway and therefore publishing it, even if we were stupid enough to do so, would be pointless.

And we'd also realize that the odds that she would be checking legal websites and would be able to identify you specifically from this post are pretty much a million to one.

At least you were smart enough not to let her get hold of your credit card numbers. That's something at any rate.

No, your local police will not do anything. They might politely wait until you leave the station before they start snickering.

However, it can do no harm for you to file a cyber crime complaint with the FBI. https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

They will NOT follow up with you. You will never know what action they took or what the results were. But it's something.

And in future, realize that nothing good is ever going to come of sending nudie pictures of yourself to people you don't know. Your junk just isn't all that fascinating.

chariyapk

thank you justalayman and CBG

I know I was fool,

I understood what you say. its true with Philippine contacts Law cant go further.

I didn't tell her to go away. but I ignored txts from her. I deactivated my FB, will create new soon.so Im ok for now, but they may do this to many in future too. anyway fortunate I'm a man, I understood how it feels if girl could faced to this kind of situation.

I searched her number some internet pages before I had a conversation and found that number from "ADDRESS:- Sarasota, United States" thats only I could find. so why cant law go through that number? if its a fake one why cant government do something to band fake numbers. this is normal nude video case. but people could be face worst cases because these fake numbers. I also kept trust on her because this is a number from Sarasota, United States. US wireless providers must have technology to track one from a number.

I would have a trip and go Philippine to hit that dumb ass face from the money he/she asked rather than giving.

Last edited:

justalayman

You have already stated she is in the phillipines. Just because she figured out how to front with a Sarasota phone number doesn't change the fact she is in the phillipines.

It's time to wise up and learn from your experience. Showing yourself (nude) to others on the phone or Internet is not a good idea, especially if you don't already know them quite well (and even those you know quite well can end up poorly as well).

It's time to move on and keep your private parts private.

quincy

... It's time to wise up and learn from your experience. Showing yourself (nude) to others on the phone or Internet is not a good idea, especially if you don't already know them quite well (and even those you know quite well can end up poorly as well)...
There is an old Uighurs proverb that says, "Who do I sue for my own faults?"

A person who sends out nude photos of himself should understand that he is the one most responsible for any ills that come from its distribution.

chariyapk

thanx quincy too

A person who sends out nude photos of himself should understand that he is the one most responsible for any ills that come from its distribution.
learned a lesson very well, and people who see this post may also learn from me

chariyapk

why cant track upon even fake telephone number

For my information, because I actually dont know, why cant we track by the phone number?

1. Even its fake, but it was from Florida, so if someone double crossed by number like that, does it means that number is not exist really? Is it totally fake by using special equipment?

2. Even if person give nudity things even to permission to record(eg. Girl friend let boy friend to record their sex activities) if someone publish it without proper permission or blackmailed for money, is it a crime?

Thank you guys.
you guys are really helpful for me.

And guys actually I this was my first time being nude with person I don't know. She made herself naked then asked me to do so. She tricked well on me. so its my bad luck and thanx again to all of your replies. actually after sharing this on you, even without having way to solve this matter, I got many important advises and info from you, I was worrying lonely blaming my self, ignoring her and now I feel better because after telling this, it made my mind bit cool.

Last edited:

quincy

For my information, because I actually dont know, why cant we track by the phone number?

1. Even its fake, but it was from Florida, so if someone double crossed by number like that, does it means that number is not exist really? Is it totally fake by using special equipment?

2. Even if person give nudity things even to permission to record(eg. Girl friend let boy friend to record their sex activities) if someone publish it without proper permission or blackmailed for money, is it a crime?

Thank you guys.
you guys are really helpful for me.
If a person gives a nude photo to someone else with the understanding that it is not to be shared, and it is shared (published/distributed), then there could be a legal action to consider against the one who has shared (published/distributed) the photo.

However, it is often prohibitively expensive to track down a person who has operated under a fake identity. And, if the person lives overseas, any legal action will have to be pursued against the person in their country under their country's laws and in their country's courts. They are not governed by US laws.

The ONLY way to prevent the distribution of a nude photo of yourself is to not send a nude photo of yourself to anyone.

You can do as cbg suggested and file a complaint with the IC3 (https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx) and you can hope that nothing comes of the threats.

Dandy Don

Please show me where that is in the post--I don't see that. Why would he even mention Western Union if they were not involved somehow?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
she asked me to register few websites with my credit card. I checked those and I told NO, because those sites aren't secure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">