• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bogus check charge from 1991

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jknorton69

My husband found out a couple days ago there was a warrant in Oklahoma for him on bogus check charges from when he was in a corporation in 1991 that went belly up the checks were post dated. Are there any statues of limitation in this matter can you be prosecuted on a corporate check? He has already almost lost everything he had from this corporation. we were trying to start over.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Whose corporation was it? Was he a partner? Was he a shareholder? Depends on the circumstances of the case whether or not he would be held personally liable and criminally liable.

Statute of limitations on this will depend on the state from which the warrant/charges were issued. It doesn't sound like the statute of limitations would have run yet.

My suggestion to you is get a lawyer ASAP to help settle this matter quietly and quickly so you CAN start over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">