• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bond related question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ididntdoit007

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My question is in regard to bond. I was recently arrested on 3 misdemeanor one charges. I am currently out on bond.
My fiancee is currently living in another country and is about to have my child. She is staying in her country to have the baby because the health care is less expensive. After that she will be moving here to the U.S. I have a ticket already bought to fly to be there for the birth. Am I allowed to do that?
Is it possible for my attorney to have this case continued until after my return? I have a return flight and that can be proved with my ticket. But I had planned on staying out of the country for 3 months.
The reason I am asking on here, rather then directly to my attorney is because this has all just recently happened, and I don't have an attorney yet. Just a public defender that I have no intentions on keeping.
I never received any paperwork when I was bonded out that stated any rules to follow. Just my original bond papers when I went to court that stated what my bond was.
Any advice/feedback will be much appreciated.

H

hexeliebe

The reason I am asking on here, rather then directly to my attorney is because this has all just recently happened, and I don't have an attorney yet. Just a public defender that I have no intentions on keeping.
Then ask your public defender until you fire him/her.

JETX

"Am I allowed to do that?"
*** Your 'international' (or even out of state travel) is very likely prohibited by the terms of the bond.

"Is it possible for my attorney to have this case continued until after my return?"
*** As noted above, no. The minute you violate the terms, your bond will be revoked.

"I have a return flight and that can be proved with my ticket. But I had planned on staying out of the country for 3 months."
*** And your decision to put yourself in a position (rightly or wrongly) of facing criminal charges have now changed those plans.

dequeendistress

SOS~~I thought so too, maybe he should use the code of 007 to get permission to leave the country...of course the travel permit will self destruct within 15 seconds...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">