• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bounce check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momb47

What is the name of your state? NY If somones issues a $9500 check and it bounces, you get letter of protest, they go to court and deny everything. No criminal charges were file against them. I have to followup with a lawyer in Civil court now to collect this check, but now it turns out to be over $21,000 with legal fees etc. Why wasn't he arrested for such a large amount that he wrote!

JETX

momb47 said:
What is the name of your state? NY If somones issues a $9500 check and it bounces, you get letter of protest, they go to court and deny everything.
How can they "deny everything" when you have the check presented to the court??

No criminal charges were file against them. I have to followup with a lawyer in Civil court now to collect this check, but now it turns out to be over $21,000 with legal fees etc. Why wasn't he arrested for such a large amount that he wrote!
Hmmm.... did YOU file a criminal complaint??

momb47

Yes!!! see he wrote the check out of his wife's account, he is not on the account, he signed her name, but she won't press charges against him, so I had to go to civil court to try to get my money

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">