• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boy burns house deliberately / mother opens donations account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mariomonte73

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

an 8 yr old boy burn down my sisters house, they were renting it. It is in a police report to be a "deliberately" set fire. The mother was sleeping, this took place during the day. 3 days later the mother opens an account through gofundme.com-in the "accident" category. She is asking for a car, home, and $10,000 dollars cash. Is this considered to be a mis representation to collect money, she does not state anywhere the her own child burned it down "deliberately". The mother and family have showed no remorse.

And, what makes this more disturbing she aways bragged how she gets thing for free. Also my daughter had seen the boy playing with matches lighters in front of the mother, she never seem to even care. Just a very weird story. We witnessed the whole thing. Just wondered if there is a law preventing profiting of a situation like this through donations, maybe falls under soliciting donation under misrepresentations?? Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

RRevak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

an 8 yr old boy burn down my sisters house, they were renting it. It is in a police report to be a "deliberately" set fire. The mother was sleeping, this took place during the day. 3 days later the mother opens an account through gofundme.com-in the "accident" category. She is asking for a car, home, and $10,000 dollars cash. Is this considered to be a mis representation to collect money, she does not state anywhere the her own child burned it down "deliberately". The mother and family have showed no remorse.

And, what makes this more disturbing she aways bragged how she gets thing for free. Also my daughter had seen the boy playing with matches lighters in front of the mother, she never seem to even care. Just a very weird story. We witnessed the whole thing. Just wondered if there is a law preventing profiting of a situation like this through donations, maybe falls under soliciting donation under misrepresentations?? Thanks everyone.
I'm a tad confused here. Are you saying the boys mother opened a gofundme acct for the house your sister was renting? Did the home belong to the boys mother or did she open an account for a home she had no ties to? Is your sister the boys mother?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are you of the opinion that an 8 year old has an adult understanding about the relationship between cause and effect?

Even if the fire was set deliberately, that doesn't mean that the child understood what could happen or what it would mean. Not at 8 years old.

mariomonte73

I'm a tad confused here. Are you saying the boys mother opened a gofundme acct for the house your sister was renting? Did the home belong to the boys mother or did she open an account for a home she had no ties to? Is your sister the boys mother?

The home was being rented out to these people who's son burned it down. It was my sister's mobile home that she rented to them.... And, the mother of the boy is asking for a new home, a car, and a goal of $10,000 in "cash" donations on a funding website.

I was more concerned of the mother asking for these things putting her post in the "accidents" category but, already ruled by investigators it was a "deliberate" fire.

So, she says, "we were in a fire and need help, we need a car, home, $10,000 and things to fill our new home ." Does not say, " Our child burned our house down because I never watch them so we need help."

They have been accepting donations, money, gift cards, furniture, ect- Hand over fist from our community and the whole while keeping quiet about the real story.

We lived next door to them about 40 ft away, we feared of loosing our home as well. I have now lost over $3000.00 in lost wages and a work truck in the fire, this family shows no remorse and feel no blame for what their child did.

Thanks again..

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The home was being rented out to these people who's son burned it down. It was my sister's mobile home that she rented to them.... And, the mother of the boy is asking for a new home, a car, and a goal of $10,000 in "cash" donations on a funding website.

I was more concerned of the mother asking for these things putting her post in the "accidents" category but, already ruled by investigators it was a "deliberate" fire.

So, she says, "we were in a fire and need help, we need a car, home, $10,000 and things to fill our new home ." Does not say, " Our child burned our house down because I never watch them so we need help."

They have been accepting donations, money, gift cards, furniture, ect- Hand over fist from our community and the whole while keeping quiet about the real story.

We lived next door to them about 40 ft away, we feared of loosing our home as well. I have now lost over $3000.00 in lost wages and a work truck in the fire, this family shows no remorse and feel no blame for what their child did.

Thanks again..
Thank you for restating your original post. The responses won't change.

Even if you set aside the points raised in the prior responses, you have to remember that the MOM didn't set the fire. From the MOM'S perspective, she is making accurate statements.

mariomonte73

Thank you for restating your original post. The responses won't change.

Even if you set aside the points raised in the prior responses, you have to remember that the MOM didn't set the fire. From the MOM'S perspective, she is making accurate statements.

Thanks for your in-put. Just sad to see someone benefit financially off a fire their own child set...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So, she and the child should be homeless and without funds or transportation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">