• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend has high bail.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trixiegrl219

I live in Maryland and my boyfriend got mad the other night. I locked the door to our house. He punched through the door which scared me so I called the police. They have set his bail at 75000.00 and charged him with 3 counts of burglary, theft, assault, and destruction of property. They only thing that holds true is the destruction of property. I told the officer he took my keys to unlock my car door and then put the keys on the table and they are saying that is theft. He never touched me and I never made it seem like he did. The officer repeatedly tried to get me to say he touched me, but I didn't. The officer then asked me to draw on the picture of the woman where I was touched. I drew nothing because once again I was not touched. Is is really burglary when he resides here with me?? What can I do to get him out of jail. He doesn't need to lose his job for punching a hole in our door.

Banned_Princess

I live in Maryland and my boyfriend got mad the other night. I locked the door to our house. He punched through the door which scared me so I called the police. They have set his bail at 75000.00 and charged him with 3 counts of burglary, theft, assault, and destruction of property. They only thing that holds true is the destruction of property. I told the officer he took my keys to unlock my car door and then put the keys on the table and they are saying that is theft. He never touched me and I never made it seem like he did. The officer repeatedly tried to get me to say he touched me, but I didn't. The officer then asked me to draw on the picture of the woman where I was touched. I drew nothing because once again I was not touched. Is is really burglary when he resides here with me?? What can I do to get him out of jail. He doesn't need to lose his job for punching a hole in our door.
Maybe his bail will be reduced at his next court date..

Maybe he does need to loose his job over a broken door.

Antigone*

You should be talking to a bail bond's man.

justalayman

he needs an attorney.

If you rent the property, destruction of property is a possibility. If he owns the property, you don't get charged for damaging your own property. If you own it; it gets into a fuzzy charge.

burglary: not if he lives there

theft: depending on what you told the police, it might be valid

assault: if there was a reasonable belief there was attempt to cause injury, there was an assault.

He really needs an attorney. An attorney may be able to argue the bail is excessive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">