• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"boyfriend" ripped me off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

giallastar

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? california

I'll try to make it short but i really need some advice. I was dating this guy, whos a compulsive liar. he's from south america but lived in mexico for 2 years, he had a business there, sold it and came to the us with a turist visa, he had money in his bank but transfered it to the us (to a friend's account) and lost everything in gambling, then his visa expired, so we decided to move to mexico and see if he could renew it so we could come to the us from time to time, and then get married, but since he lost all his money, I wired him a huge amount to his account so he might possibly renew his visa, he said that he'll wire it back to my account when all this was over,I had no problem with this but I didnt like living in mexico and came back to the us without him, he was very upset but agreed that I'll come see him until he could come back to california to stay with me, suddenly he changed he's mind about me and coming back, claimed he took all the money from the bank, and then I found out he took off, who knows where, Spain, south america or another state in mexico. Now is this a scam that I can report?? Is there ANYTHING I can do about this?
Some time ago he tricked me in giving him some money for some "business" he had in mexico, went to las vegas and lost everything, i forgave him, and thought this time was different since immigration told us both that he had to show some kind of income to renew his visa, and I was going to stay with him, but I left and lost all that money, he told me over the phone he's going to give it back, but I don't believe him! Now he's very mad at me for leaving him, and reading an email where I told him i have a hard time trusting him and now he won't speak to me, (how convenient). Please help

Last edited:

CdwJava

Ouch!

Based solely on what you write here, I do not see a criminal violation here as you knowingly and willingly GAVE the money TO him!

You might take the details to your local law enforcement office and see if it constitutes fraud - I am going to guess that it will not. But, if you don't know where he is, then what will reporting the incident (even if it is a crime) do for you? Yeah, it can be reported, but they are not going to hunt him down or look in to it in another country.

Sorry, but this may well fall into the "lesson learned" category of life.

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

Java is always so polite, but I would like to add..............Grow Up and get some back bone. You were taken, period end of story. Please learn what a healthy relationship is.

ikecvfd2

--PARIDISE-- said:
Java is always so polite, but I would like to add..............Grow Up and get some back bone. You were taken, period end of story. Please learn what a healthy relationship is.
Java is always polite because he knows that you are more credible when you don't act like a freaking jerk. The only thing anyone ever gets from your posts, paradise, is that you are a jerkoff. You absolutely no credibility with anyone who cares on this site.

Shay-Pari'e

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">