• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breaking and entering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladyjoker

I live in Maine and my Mom is very ill and will pass on to be with our lord.My Mom decided she would give us 2 children (Me & my Brother)plus her grandchildren her personal items that really don't have a value but mean alot to her plus items that my grandmother left to her when she passed away almost 30 yrs ago that can't be replaced.She wanted to do this before she passes on because my brother informed her that he was going to end up with everything anyway and I would have nothing.About 3yrs ago my brother broke into my parents home and helped himself to some items but even tho they knew it was him they decided not to press charges because he was their son.Well just 1 week ago my parents were gone and my mom had 3 boxes done 1 for herself (for my dad),1 for my daughter,1for me.I came down to check on their home and realized something was wrong.I called my parents home called the police department and told them what happened.I did not know if anything was missing because I was not here when they did the boxes.The neighbors saw this crime and never called the police and the neighbor knew my parents were gone.The police never bothered to fingerprint anything or talk to the neighbors said that when my parents got home to call them and they would come and talk to them.My dad lost a day of work to do this and they never showed up(the police)We have an item that the criminal left with DNA evidence on it.My question is "what do they do?"and in Maine is it legal for a child to break into their parents home and take whatever they want?Just because it is family.This is not a family fued that is going to go away.This was a down right vicious criminal act against my parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">