• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breaking and Entering when escaping from a jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jake_K

What is the name of your state? Washington

Could you be charged with Breaking and Entering when escaping from a jail?

The breaking in this case can determined as defeating measures put into place to confine a criminal.

Could Entering be defined as, when exiting a structure designed to contain a criminal, the criminal immediately enters "society,” meaning, any area that is not a designated holding area for criminals?

The final component of Breaking and Entering would be intent to commit an indictable offense. Could this be "escape"?

Ultimatley, it is necessary for me to prove that a criminal who escapes from a jail can be charged with Breaking and Entering. Any opinions, internet links or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jake_K

Thank you for the response. I understand that the true definition of escaping from a jail is escape from confinement. However, can it be called breaking and entering, even if by a stretch of meaning? I'm not asking for strict definitions. Any philisophical or metaphysical responses are welcome.

S

seniorjudge

"...Any philisophical or metaphysical responses are welcome...."

Post this on the philosophical or metaphysical forum.

This forum is for legal advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">