• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bribery to foreigners - FCPA and whistle blower laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nycjanisarry

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I would like to report violations of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) regarding a foreign based NYSE-listed corporation. I have certain information regarding their business practices in former Soviet Republics. This company, its affiliates and/or its subsidiaries were involved in business practices that Foreign Corrupt Practices Act considers as illegal. The company paid, and in some cases intended to pay bribes totaling up to $25 million to foreign government public officials including presidents, ministers and their relatives. I have some documents including agreements, memorandum of understandings, shareholder agreements, payment schedules, invoices, money order documents and emails. Some of the documents are original, some are photocopies. I witnessed some of these practices.
My initial questions:
1.Do whistle-blower laws apply to FCPA cases? If so, will there be a reward for me?
2.As far as I know, there are no statue of limitations in FCPA cases, is this true?
3.Are there any FCPA qui tam cases?
4.How can I make Department of Justice and Securities Exchange Commission to open a probe? What should be the approach?
5.How can I protect myself?
6.Do I need a lawyer? How can I find a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">