• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bullied by bondsman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jb999

First, a thank you to all the professionals that provide their time in this forum..my question concerns a bond i posted for a roomate on a misdemeanor "attempted shoplifting" charge..this occured in orange county california and bail was set at $15,000 due to a previous warrant for another misdemeanor a few years earlier... i put up the 10% in cash and the title to my property..the following day my friend reimbursed me the cash i put up and gave me 15,000dollars cash to pay the bondsman because my friend had plane tickets to home in europe and was not going to stay for these misdemeanor charges..i promptly went to the bondsman and gave him the 15,000 dollars cash and informed him that my friend had skipped the country..the bondsman has refused to give me back the title to my property, has threatened me with a variety of criminal actions and has told me it may be as long as a year before he will refund my property title. i dont understand since he has been paid the full price of the bail, as well as the 1500$ bond , why he can keep my property title..is this legal or has he oversteped his bounds? and can i be charged with any criminal statute with regards to my friend skipping the country? thank you very much for your time....jb999 [email protected]

T

Tracey

Get a lawyer immediately.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">