• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Burglary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toomanychildren

What is the name of your state? pa
My landlord opened and gave me permission to go into another property (of his), I fed the cat and left that night. the following down my landlord's wife and I went into this property too start cleaning it out and packing things up. shortly there after the people showed up and we left. they had left the house for a week with no electric and were not paying their rent. they were evicted 7 days after that. they are also saying that i took items from their house, now i am being charged with burglary, criminal trespass, theft, stolen property. i don't have a criminal record at all, i don't know what too do or where to begin to anything. i have filed for a public defender.
thanks for any input

T

toomanychildren

i posted the cat part because that is the reason i was in the house, thought it might help with any info someone gave me or their opinion. i know that this isn't an attorney-client message board, i was just looking for some insight on this problem...thought that was why the message boards were here
sorry if i screwed something up

stephenk

make sure your attorney knows to speak with the landlord who allowed you on the property and his wife who went with you to the property (to confirm you stole nothing). Was there a police report filed by the tenants?

T

toomanychildren

the only report filed was against me, the police told the tenants that they had too file a civil suit against the landlord, which they aren't doing because they don't have the money
thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">