• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

burglary of conveyance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tknox2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My friend was recently charge with burglary of conveyance and grand theft firearm. The charges were brought about after he went to a family gathering and a gun came up missing out of his uncles car(his uncle is a cop in another part of florida). Because of my friends past they automatically accused him of the crime. Is this legal? and if so will the charges stick if no one witnessed him going in the car and taking the item. Because they are only pin pointing him cause of his past no one saw anything and the car was unlocked.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My friend was recently charge with burglary of conveyance and grand theft firearm. The charges were brought about after he went to a family gathering and a gun came up missing out of his uncles car(his uncle is a cop in another part of florida). Because of my friends past they automatically accused him of the crime. Is this legal? and if so will the charges stick if no one witnessed him going in the car and taking the item. Because they are only pin pointing him cause of his past no one saw anything and the car was unlocked.
my uncle has a twin brother. this is what happens when you leave a gun in the car. :rolleyes:

so is he able to prove he didn't take the gun?

tknox2

my uncle has a twin brother. this is what happens when you leave a gun in the car. :rolleyes:

so is he able to prove he didn't take the gun?

Yes because they never found the gun and it is still missing. This happened about 3 weeks ago and charges were just brought up on him this week.

Isis1

Yes because they never found the gun and it is still missing. This happened about 3 weeks ago and charges were just brought up on him this week.
just because they never found the gun, doesn't mean your friend didn't take it.

tknox2

just because they never found the gun, doesn't mean your friend didn't take it.

Im unsure if he took it but from what he is telling me is that he didn't and he has been living a good clean life for about 5 years now so I do believe him. But the question is can he be charged with this crime if the evidence was never found and no one saw who went in the car and took the item.

Isis1

Im unsure if he took it but from what he is telling me is that he didn't and he has been living a good clean life for about 5 years now so I do believe him. But the question is can he be charged with this crime is the evidence was never found and no one saw who went in the car and took the item.
your friend, needs an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">