• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Burgulary Conviction Probability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mattmike

What is the name of your state? florida
my son saw a guy at a convenience store who owed him some money. an argument began and the guy tried to get in his car and leave. my son lost his temper and reached in the car and tried to take the keys and a scuffle ensued. no fight just a little pushing and shoving and my son gave up the cause and left in his vehicle. the guy immediately called the cops who came and took a report from him and 1 witness which was his buddy who was with him. about an hour later my son was picked up and charged with burgulary, evidently for trying to take the keys and also with strong armed burgulary for alledgedly trying to take the guys wallet during the shoving match. one of these charges is a 2nd degree felony and the other is a 3rd degree felony. my son is in his 30's with no prior arrests or legal problems of any kind. the other guy is a convicted felon and his witness is his buddy. my wife is worried to death that he will go to prison for 3 to 5 years. i think for a 1st offense the most he would get would be probation and maybe community service or something. this is all new to us and we need some opinions to hopefully soothe our worries. thanks in advance.

Son of Slam

I'll bump this...

and say that he is not going to go to prison for 3 to 5 years, if what you are saying is correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">