• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Accountant faked my signature...please help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vtbean

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Recently we found out that my business accountant faked my signature to sign me up for a new business credit card processing machine. He was working as the sales rep for this credit card processing company and I'm guessing he did so to make sign-up bonuses. Long story short, we confronted him about this and he has agreed to pay for all the cancellation fees and close down the account. My question for you generous friends (can't afford lawyer...) is what are legal implications of his wrong doing? I know he definitely broke some laws...but what are some of the options as for us to file complaints? Can we call the police and file civil lawsuit? Should we just report this to Federal/State agencies? He's been telling us he'll take care of this for a month now but I'm afraid he's purposely taking his time because he thinks we're not going to do anything. I need some information on what are some of the actions we can take to make him crap in his pants when I call him next time. I'd appreciate any legal advise or story of your experience. Thanks in advance.

Justin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">