• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business owner drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gastedrep

The owner of the company I work for has an apparent drinking problem. I've notice a couple times he's had a mixed drink in his office near the end of the day. Today, however he had several cases of beer next to the time clock for anyone to grab. Mean while he was in the parking lot drinking heavier liquor in one of the company trucks. I really don't know how to address this situation or if any law is really being broken.

I recommend that you make sure he gets home without driving while intoxicated. And maybe has a way to get to work in the AM

Isis1

It's hard to reference a handbook rule when he owns the company.
Well, as long as he is not on public property, from what i have been reading, it's not illegal. You need a liquer license to own a business that sells alcohol, but you don't need one to drink it on private property. And it's his business. He's allowed not to follow policy. One of those funny things about owning your own company. It's also not against the law to have a drinking problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">