• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA limitations on stat rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Elleno

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California.

From age 15 - 16 I was sexually abused by a man in his 20s. This was 30 years ago. I see on the internet that this man owns and runs a private school in CA.

Is there anything legally that can be done? I don't want money. But if he did anything against the law, I feel he deserves some justice. He definitely used all his education degrees to seduce me and mess with my head. I'd like to see him get what he legally deserves.

What are the statutory rape laws; do they apply to a teen of 15-16? And has the statute of limitations run out?

I have witnesses, detailed memories that involve other crimes he committed, and the interiors of buildings, but is that evidence enough?

TIA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">