• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Penal Code Section 1524: Non-Profit Organization in Need of Legal Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ruby_M

i belong to a non-profit organization, in which one of its major fund-raisers in the operation of a bingo game. During the operation of such bingo game, officers swarmed throughout the facility with a search warrant and affidavit. Therefore causing the game to come to a halt. Customers were asked to leave the premises and volunteers was held back for questioning.

The only information provided by the officers doing the search, that the reason for the search warrant was due to the organization violating the bingo ordinance in which prizes are not to exceed the amount of $250. License was confiscated.

Can anyone give me some advice as to how this matter can be resolved? What is the fine/punishment for the violation of the amount of cash awarded to bingo players? Can the organization get its license back so that it can re-open its fund-raiser?

I'd appreciate any advice that is given within a timely manner.

State of California-County of Los Angeles

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">