• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Called a Girl&I'm in some big problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charlyms

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Here is the situation.I need help desperately.
There is this girl who studies in my university whom I got the phone no from the students association community site.She has posted her no in one of the forum detailing female accommodation available.
I thought may be she looks good in the profile and I note down her no(I am a guy who dont have any girl friend).
Then I was with one of my friend who takes up my phone and asks me who this girl is,I told him about her facts and how I got her no.
He told me he will call her and teach me how to deal with girls on the phone and win a date.
Now here is where the problem starts.
He makes a call to her saying he is some guy with a random name "XYZ" and he met her in our mutual friends birthday and that how is she doing.Now I was not able to hear their conversation from their side.
Then he cut the phone when that girl started speaking with him.
And he was showing me how to deal with them on the phone.
She called my no again and then he told he is not interested in talking with her.
She called my no again and he told he is busy and will call later or something.
Now she called to my no again after he went away from me,I didnt pick up the phone noting it was she.
Now later I got a call from an unknown no saying the call was from the police department and that one lady has complained she has got a call to her no and all those stuff.
I told him its my friend who called her and that we will never repeat the incident again.
Now I thought it all ended there,now I gets another call from her and she keeps on poking me saying why did me or my friend called me and I told its my friend who called me and I gave her his no,then she called him and he said I dont know me in the conference.
Now her anger pushed on me,she said I did a federal crime and kept on harassing me saying I will fear deportation just because I had her no.(I am an F1 student in the US)
She tried calling me again,then I switched off the phone,now she called the other guy and he reveals my location and my real name and now she and her boyfriend came to my house searching for me saying I did a federal crime and that I am in big trouble and that I need to stop this.
But I already told her and that guy that I or we dont call again.But still they wants to see the back of me just because I have her phone no from one of our students association forum which my friend used.
Now when I called my friend asking what happened he is telling on the phone that he dont know me,who is this talking.
Now I am in 2 big problems.One the fear of getting harassed by the girl and that boy and second the fear of my friend who called her from my phone saying he dont know me.
Now how can I help myself if they decided to give a police complaint,this is a complex situation.
Here her boyfriend called me saying he is a police and threatened me that he is from the university police department.
Now cant we do anything about it.
Today they came to my house and asked my roommates about me and that I am in big trouble.
I am in big trouble just because of the fact that I dont have any girl friends.
Also I never harassed her on the phone.
After the first phone call made my my friend,its her who kept on calling to my phone for no reason.Can someone help me with this complex situation.
How can I help myself.Can I not give a counter complaint against her for mentally harassing me.

Proserpina

Here is the situation.I need help desperately.
There is this girl who studies in my university whom I got the phone no from the students association community site.She has posted her no in one of the forum detailing female accommodation available.
I thought may be she looks good in the profile and I note down her no(I am a guy who dont have any girl friend).
Then I was with one of my friend who takes up my phone and asks me who this girl is,I told him about her facts and how I got her no.
He told me he will call her and teach me how to deal with girls on the phone and win a date.
Now here is where the problem starts.
He makes a call to her saying he is some guy with a random name "XYZ" and he met her in our mutual friends birthday and that how is she doing.Now I was not able to hear their conversation from their side.
Then he cut the phone when that girl started speaking with him.
And he was showing me how to deal with them on the phone.
She called my no again and then he told he is not interested in talking with her.
She called my no again and he told he is busy and will call later or something.
Now she called to my no again after he went away from me,I didnt pick up the phone noting it was she.
Now later I got a call from an unknown no saying the call was from the police department and that one lady has complained she has got a call to her no and all those stuff.
I told him its my friend who called her and that we will never repeat the incident again.
Now I thought it all ended there,now I gets another call from her and she keeps on poking me saying why did me or my friend called me and I told its my friend who called me and I gave her his no,then she called him and he said I dont know me in the conference.
Now her anger pushed on me,she said I did a federal crime and kept on harassing me saying I will fear deportation just because I had her no.(I am an F1 student in the US)
She tried calling me again,then I switched off the phone,now she called the other guy and he reveals my location and my real name and now she and her boyfriend came to my house searching for me saying I did a federal crime and that I am in big trouble and that I need to stop this.
But I already told her and that guy that I or we dont call again.But still they wants to see the back of me just because I have her phone no from one of our students association forum which my friend used.
Now when I called my friend asking what happened he is telling on the phone that he dont know me,who is this talking.
Now I am in 2 big problems.One the fear of getting harassed by the girl and that boy and second the fear of my friend who called her from my phone saying he dont know me.
Now how can I help myself if they decided to give a police complaint,this is a complex situation.
Here her boyfriend called me saying he is a police and threatened me that he is from the university police department.
Now cant we do anything about it.
Today they came to my house and asked my roommates about me and that I am in big trouble.
I am in big trouble just because of the fact that I dont have any girl friends.
Also I never harassed her on the phone.
After the first phone call made my my friend,its her who kept on calling to my phone for no reason.Can someone help me with this complex situation.
How can I help myself.Can I not give a counter complaint against her for mentally harassing me.

(sorry guys - it's quotalicious)

You ALL need to grow the heck up and quit playing such asinine games.

Seriously.

If you get charged with something, come back and/or speak with a local attorney immediately.

Antigone*

(sorry guys - it's quotalicious)

You ALL need to grow the heck up and quit playing such asinine games.

Seriously.

If you get charged with something, come back and/or speak with a local attorney immediately.
Pro, honey, did you get all that:eek: He gave me a headache:eek:

charlyms

Now how can I protect myself from her fat boyfriend who wants to see me.
Can they file a complaign against me for this just 1 incident of giving her a call using my phone?
Also how can I get that guy who called her to be in the picture?
he has ran away saying he dont know me

Antigone*

Now how can I protect myself from her fat boyfriend who wants to see me.
Can they file a complaign against me for this just 1 incident of giving her a call using my phone?
Also how can I get that guy who called her to be in the picture?
he has ran away saying he dont know me
Call the fat-boyfriend police if he shows up:rolleyes:

charlyms

Call the fat-boyfriend police if he shows up:rolleyes:
Here who is the real culprit if she files a complaint?
Here can she file a complaint against me just because I got her no from one of her forum posting?
Also I never called her,its my friend who called her using my phone teaching me how to deal with girls on the phone.

CdwJava

I couldn't follow any of it ... so, here's the long and short of it: Do not call her, do not reply to her, do not answer her number.

Continued unwanted calls, texts, or e-mails can result in criminal charges. if yoiu want to report her contacts to the police, call them. She can do the same.

it should not be all that difficult to just ignore her and also stop calling her.

Oh, and there is no crime in California for "mentally harassing" someone.

charlyms

I will brief the incident in a nutshell.
First I gets her no from one of her forum postings in our university community.
I have her no.My friend calls her using my phone.
Then she calls me in the evening,I didnt answer.Her boyfriend calls me saying he is from the police.I got scared and revealed that it was my friend who called her.He warned me saying I should not call her again,I agreed.We disconnected the phone.Now she keeps calling me again and again harassing me over the same incident of just a phone call made to her in the morning.I gave my friends no saying he made the call.
Now she put us on conference,he told he dont know me.Now she turns at me.
Now I am not calling her at all,she is keep on calling me saying I am going to get arrested for this.
Now today my friend gave my house details.
Today she came to my house with her fat big boyfriend.(I am scared:confused:)
Now when I call my friend asking about the incident he is talking on the phone as if he dont know me.
How can I hel myself.
My mistakes which I did:I thought she is beautiful and got her no from her forum postings which had her no
2:I let my friend use my phone and he created this mess

charlyms

I couldn't follow any of it ... so, here's the long and short of it: Do not call her, do not reply to her, do not answer her number.

Continued unwanted calls, texts, or e-mails can result in criminal charges. if yoiu want to report her contacts to the police, call them. She can do the same.

it should not be all that difficult to just ignore her and also stop calling her.

Oh, and there is no crime in California for "mentally harassing" someone.
But today she came to my home with her boyfriend.I was not in the home.
They said that this is a cyber crime which I did and I will have to pay dearly for that.

CdwJava

But today she came to my home with her boyfriend.I was not in the home.
They said that this is a cyber crime which I did and I will have to pay dearly for that.
Do not talk to them, do not deal with them. iI they want to call the police, let them.

If they come back to your house, keep the door closed, ask them to leave, and if they refuse, call the police.

I do not see a "cybercrime" here, I see some potential unlawful electronic communications, but not a "cybercrime."

In any event, ignore them. if they call the police, and the police come knocking you can either talk to the police or you can refuse to talk to them. if the police come and you decline to talk to the police, you might want to speak with an attorney as they may well be coming back again with an arrest warrant as they will have only the other side's story for what happened, and that story might not be the entire truth.

charlyms

Now what explanation should I give if I am asked why did I get her no from the forum?
I thought may be she is beautiful and I note down her no hoping to know more about her each other some day.
She is threatening me saying that I did a Cyber crime and I did impersonating and all those jargons.
She is now saying to my roommates that I am a Criminal and all those stuffs/I am confused.
Can you make this part clear?
I will be very much grateful.

CdwJava

She can say anything. You cannot stop her from making any claims she wants.

Getting a phone number from a forum is not a crime. Calling someone is not a crime until it becomes harassment or they have told you to stop.

You can either live in fear or put this girl behind you. If you are truly scared you can be charged with a crime, you might consider consulting an attorney. Many attorneys offer free consultations.

Country Living

I mourn for the future of the English language, especially among college students. I realize English is his second language. Spelling, proper capitalization, appropriate punctuation, and presenting a coherent thought should be the foundation of our educational system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">