• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Called for questioning

• Thread starter robert nicastro
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robert nicastro

What is the name of your state? PA

I have been called by a detective about a burglary that occured about 2 weeks ago. Myself and another carpenter worked on the house about 3 months ago.

My question is:

Do I have to go to police station or can i request that the detective come to my home?

JETX

"Do I have to go to police station or can i request that the detective come to my home?"
*** Of course you don't have to go to them and can 'request' that they come to you. However, you probably won't like the 'terms' that they impose if they decide that they need to question you further.

R

robert nicastro

Thank you.

I will take my chances with them coming to me.
I heard about their intimidation practices.

calatty

Under NO circumstances should you talk to the police about this without a lawyer present, not at the stationhouse, not at your house.

JETX

"Under NO circumstances should you talk to the police about this without a lawyer present, not at the stationhouse, not at your house."
*** And I disagree.... unless the wirter has something to hide.

Simply, if you did nothing wrong, you should have not be 'afraid' of the police department investigating the reported burglary. Remember though.... at any time during the interview, if you feel uncomfortable or feel that you are being 'steered' towards involvement, you can simple exercise your right to stop the interview and request an attorney. Do NOT waive that right if/when asked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">