• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this check cashing company be held accountable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mew1953

What is the name of your state? I live in the state of Mo. My husband and I have a semi truck that employs 2 drivers. We are leased onto a Co out of Oxnard Ca. One of our drivers flew from Mo to Ca., while out semi truck was in the shop for repairs, and told the Co we are leased on to that we had sent him out on business , to pick up our claim checks. This was a fraudulent statement we never asked him to do anything, the co. was in the process of overnighting them to us . The checks were computor checks, and they where made out to WW Transportation. He then proceeded to Type his name in above the our Co. name and go to a check cashing place called Redondo's Check Cash in Oxnard Ca. The check has a different type from where he typed in his name above the co name , he had an out of state drivers licence, this was a business check , and he gave a mo PO box as a permanant address. I feel Fernando's was extremely negligent in cashing these checks amounting to $7,274. Do I have any legal resource in reclaiming my losses?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">