• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I ask for slander be added to charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmj1472

Missouri

I am in court against an abusive ex. The two charges are Class C felonies, Sexual Assault and domestic violence.

I have made sure not to talk about my case against him with mutual friends once charges were pressed. I sought councilng to keep myself from doing so. He however takes advantage of it by telling everyone that I am lieing, I am seeking revenge for other things. He admited to the police, yet he refuses to admit to our friends. Our mutal friends have questioned me, ditched me, and excluded me. I refuse to sink to his level and spill all of the details of the abuse I went through....that is not fair to me, and nore is it everyone's buisness. He is still destroying my life. Is there anything I can do to make this stop?

I have a protection order, he is not to make make contact with me or harass me through friends or family. Is he violating that?

Last edited:

Antigone*

Missouri

I am in court against an abusive ex. The two charges are Class C felonies, Sexual Assault and domestic violence.

I have made sure not to talk about my case against him with mutual friends once charges were pressed. I sought councilng to keep myself from doing so. He however takes advantage of it by telling everyone that I am lieing, I am seeking revenge for other things. He admited to the police, yet he refuses to admit to our friends. Our mutal friends have questioned me, ditched me, and excluded me. I refuse to sink to his level and spill all of the details of the abuse I went through....that is not fair to me, and nore is it everyone's buisness. He is still destroying my life. Is there anything I can do to make this stop?

I have a protection order, he is not to make make contact with me or harass me through friends or family. Is he violating that?
Slander is not a criminal offense.

mmj1472

..uh yeah thanks

That was helpful....not.....I found out elsewhere he is in violation of my protection order because it is consider harrassment through friends. That is a criminal offense....he will be going back for a bit of jail time, probably a fine, and that added to the list of things we can bring up in court.

cyjeff

That was helpful....not.....I found out elsewhere he is in violation of my protection order because it is consider harrassment through friends. That is a criminal offense....he will be going back for a bit of jail time, probably a fine, and that added to the list of things we can bring up in court.
Where, exactly, is elsewhere?

Unless it is from the DA, it doesn't mean squat.

Banned_Princess

Obviously you need to get new friends.

And they are right to exclude you from their lives if they are including your ex.

Time for a brand new life.

Isis1

i don't understand how they can exclude you, but you still know what he tells them.

either they are friends, or not.

and unless HE is sending them to tell you things, it's just the friends being total jerks with you. he can talk bad about you all he wants to all of his friends. unless they are delivering a message, they can repeat everything he said to you. you are the one sitting there listening and letting it bother you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">