• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i be charged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zave

What is the name of your state? Texas

Ok some guys sexually harrassed my girlfreind so i i called a freind of mine and we went after those guys. When we met up several more people had showed up to fight then expected. While i was talking to them a fight broke out and i fought one of the guys. Aparently someone else there had a bat which they used on someone else. The one i fought dropped the charges, but the police say that since the other kid is still pressing charges they can pin agravated assault with a deadly weapon on me, even though i did not have, bring, or use the bat, or even touch the kids pressing charges.

B

Boxcarbill

zave said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Ok some guys sexually harrassed my girlfreind so i i called a freind of mine and we went after those guys. When we met up several more people had showed up to fight then expected. While i was talking to them a fight broke out and i fought one of the guys. Aparently someone else there had a bat which they used on someone else. The one i fought dropped the charges, but the police say that since the other kid is still pressing charges they can pin agravated assault with a deadly weapon on me, even though i did not have, bring, or use the bat, or even touch the kids pressing charges.
In a word, yes. In more than a word, you are a party to the offense. Think of it this way: You, I and your buddy decide to holdup the local "stop and rob." Your buddy drives the get away and you and I go into the store. You're thinking that this is going to be a strong arm robbery but unknown to you, I'm armed with handgun. The attendant makes a move that I don't like and I shoot him. Now, guess who all is going to be charged with capital murder (a murder committed in the commission of a robbery in TX is a capital offense.) We are all going be charged for the murder, including your buddy who never came into the store. Why, because we are all parties to the offense. Same with your situation. You and your buddy were acting in concert. So whatever goes down, you both can be charged with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">