• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i be charged w/harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bswiet

What is the name of your state? pa

i work for a utility. 2 months ago i was assaulted by a customer in his home. i filed charges and he was arrested and charged with assault and harassment. the cop who arrested him said the guy admitted to everything i said happened, but seemed more concerned about his girlfriend finding out than anything. at the hearing, the charge was dropped to harassment only(don't know why) and he was given 30 days counseling. meanwhile i dont sleep and suffer panic attacks. this guy doesn't have crap, the house is his girlfriend's, and he doesn't work, so a civil suit is pointless. i don't think that his girlfriend knows about this. my question is if i send her a letter telling her about it, can i be charged with harassment?this may sound crazy, but i am extremely frustrated at the whole situation. he gets to go on with his life, and i'm left trying to pick up the pieces. thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bswiet said:
What is the name of your state? pa

i work for a utility. 2 months ago i was assaulted by a customer in his home. i filed charges and he was arrested and charged with assault and harassment. the cop who arrested him said the guy admitted to everything i said happened, but seemed more concerned about his girlfriend finding out than anything. at the hearing, the charge was dropped to harassment only(don't know why) and he was given 30 days counseling. meanwhile i dont sleep and suffer panic attacks. this guy doesn't have crap, the house is his girlfriend's, and he doesn't work, so a civil suit is pointless. i don't think that his girlfriend knows about this. my question is if i send her a letter telling her about it, can i be charged with harassment?this may sound crazy, but i am extremely frustrated at the whole situation. he gets to go on with his life, and i'm left trying to pick up the pieces. thanks

My response:

You must have REALLY pissed this guy off!

Anyway, writing letters, etc., is pointless. Okay, so his girlfriend finds out. So what? That, and a dime, won't buy you a cup of coffee.

See a psychiatrist and a Worker's Compensation attorney.

IAAL

B

bswiet

actually it was a groping, touching assault. and i'm seeing a psychiatrist, but he just wants to know how my dad and i got along! thanks for answering

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">