• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file charges ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laboroflove11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Can I have my wife charged with criminal stalking, libel, and malice? My wife and I have been separated for sometime, about 12 months, but in the 10th, 11th, and 12th month, we were working towards moving back together, in fact in the 13th month we were under the same roof and I had given notice to my landlord that I would be moving in with my wife for the 14th month. Four days prior to the official move in date I was forced from the home by threats of acts of libel and malice if I did not leave. I did leave, as I didn't want to cause a scene. I was angry but took no chances with her in this temperament. She insisted that we were not going to be able to live together. She is extremely jealous, suspicious and has no trust or faith in my ability to be faithful. and yet I had been completely faithful for the last 7 months, and my act of unfaithfulness was during a time where she would not talk to me, write or call and I was to her dead. prior to that I was faithful for about 9 months. We got help in counseling but still she was not able to live in peace with me there. She suspected that I was communicating with a woman and she felt threatened again, and in truth there was no woman I was communicating with. I have left the home, and been threatened repeatedly with acts of malice, which she did do and some libel on a website that I signed up with on the day I left the home. Harmless sight to interact with people, women of course, but I let her know and she gained access and rewrote my profile with inflamatory allegations and then went and deleted all the email communications she and I had during our entire marriage. The next thing I am served with a TRO based on allegations that I threatened her, and quite the opposite is true. I have documents and recordings of some of the threats. The TRO turned PRO on the 24th, which I am appealing as I was denied a continuance for a witness that was the only material witness, who was not allowed to be in attendance due to mandatory work attendance. She has harassed me, my children, my friends and threatened to destroy anything that is good about my name. What can I do to put a halt to this destruction. I was reading in Colorado, that it is illegal for people to hack and tamper with email, it is also criminal to make false allegations of family violence, making false reports to police, etc. I need her to stop, while I know now that the Restraining order has the effect of stopping her from believing that there is anything more she needs to do, it is completely unjust, I did not commit any acts of violence, i didn't tamper, alter intercept or destroy docments, she stole legal documents from me and is using them to attempt to make bogus claims of activity that I had done which she will mock up as illegal. I should not be the person carry her guilt and having a mark against my name as a violent offender when I have done nothing to deserve this abuse. She is aggressive, and dangerous when angry and I have only once had to respond in a defensive way on actions that she took against me physically but I didn't hurt her it was a restraining with no intent of harm.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated tia

dave33

You cannot charge anyone with anything. All you can do is notify the police and make a complaint. Than if they feel the complaint has merit they may pursue criminal charges. If you gh this route you should be careful not to confess to any crimes. Sounds very possible from reding the post you may end up with you're foot in you're mouth. Since you have a restraining order you may be met with some skeptisism.goodluck.

laboroflove11

Good Advice

I am appealing the restraining order, I have not committed any violations. In the hearing the judge sided with my wife because of an incident back 14 months prior where we were both held overnight on assault complaints, the ruling was based on "violence occurred once therefore could happen again, yet no violence could be verified and none will I have not done anything against her. Now I am restrained for nothing. The last time I saw her I asked her to seek help, and told her she didn't need to see me nor did she have to be with me. I realize she is not stable, and the criminal actions she has taken are proof that she will stop at nothing to smear my name and character. So I await the order being overturned and will consider this action after.

OHRoadwarrior

You need to understand this is your doing and not hers. You escaped the first time, then stuck your head back into the lions mouth a second. Good luck in resolution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">