• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get someone aressted for giving me hepatitis c?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freedom111

What is the name of your state? california. Hello, I am wondering if I can get someone aressted for giving me hepatitis c. They lied to me an told me they didnt have any diseases, then he gave me herpes and it wasn't till 6 months later I found out he also gave me hep c. I never had any diseases before. Is it possible to do anything about it??

CdwJava

freedom111 said:
What is the name of your state? california. Hello, I am wondering if I can get someone aressted for giving me hepatitis c. They lied to me an told me they didnt have any diseases, then he gave me herpes and it wasn't till 6 months later I found out he also gave me hep c. I never had any diseases before. Is it possible to do anything about it??
It depends on the circumstances and the intent. If they knowingly and intentionally transmitted the disease, then some DA's might consider some form of criminal charges. But, while I have heard stories of criminal charges, I have never personally known of a case that has passed muster.

Contact the police or your DA and see what they have to say. The local DA's office ought to be able to tell you if they will file.

The problem is that since the disease was received while engaging in a consensual act, it usually ends up in civil court and not in a criminal court.

It will depend a great deal on the intent of the other party.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">