• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i help my brother?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dbigsister

What is the name of your state? Oregon--my brother is in prison, two inmates on his cell block overdosed and he was asked to give a urine sample within 2 hours. He tried but was unable to give one in the alloted time, he asked for water during this 2 hour period and was refused, he offered to stay detained in a holding cell until he could give a sample, offered to pay for a blood sample to prove innocense, all refused. He has been a model inmate and was approved to be moved to a minimum security prison to go to fire camp for prisoners. he wasn't able to give a urine sample until 3 hours after the alloted time and even though he gave a sample, he was given 35-45 days in the hole, 14 days los of priviliges, 365 days no visitation, a $50 fine and loss of his transfer for fire camp. i understand that prisoners loose some of their civil rights, but there has to be a line crossed here somewhere. I don't know who to talk to about the harsh punishment that he recieved. the department of corrections says that they take into consideration past behavior record before a disciplinary hearing, but i don't understand how they came up with this.

D

dbigsister

Poor kido

Yes, my brother couldn't give a urine sample, it took about 5 hours. i know that it seems crazy, but they wouldn't give him any water and there are other circumstances too. when he was a child he had a bike accident that damaged the scrotal area, the doctors told my parents that he would have trouble urinating. he would have the urge to go but wouldn't always be able to go when he thought that it was time. i am sure that his medical record doesn't say that, and even if it did they wouldn't have taken that into consideration either. they should have given him some water. oh yeah, i wasn't told of the official result, but i am 100% sure that it was negative. he may have been convicted of a crime-it wasn't drugs and he has never done them. besides if he had done the same drugs as the other two guys he would be laying in a bed beside the other two in a coma.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">